Friday, October 2, 2015

Scargo Pottery Inspiration

On my recent trip back east I went back home to visit my mother on Cape Cod.  I have always been thankful that my mother opened up my eyes to art when I was younger.  I can remember going to see museum and gallery shows with her.  She would also take me to ceramic studios, primarily on Cape Cod, that had retail space attached.
One of my favorite places to go was and still is Scargo Pottery in Dennis, which is down the street from my mother's home.  Whenever I am back home I stop in at Scargo.  I enjoy seeing what they are up to and speaking with them about glazes, trends, new work, etc.  When Harry Holl, who established Scargo Pottery, was still alive, I loved to watch him work.  He was an inspiration.
Here are a few images from my visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment