Wednesday, October 21, 2015

New Pieces From the Kiln

These are some of the pieces that came out of the kiln yesterday.  I fired these in an oxidation firing to cone 8 with a hold at peak temperature so that it pushes cone 9.

I am the featured artist at the December First Friday event at the Lake House in Cedar Glen so I am starting to make the inventory for this show.  Some of these pieces will be there.  Enjoy.






 These are a few of the new tall slab vases that I have been working on.  They are the tallest pieces that I can fit into my kiln.  They are about 26" tall.  While I like how these came out, they are still a work in progress.  The white ones I embellished with slip on the outside.




 These I tried using stains to show off the markings on the outside of the piece.







 For the show in December, at the Lake House,  I will be selling pairs of mugs.  Every set will be different by shape, size, glaze, or handle.








Espresso sets......




 My favorite colored bowls....





My mother was here visiting for a few weeks so she got a chance to play in the mud with me which is a very enjoyable experience to share.  She is definitely where I got my creative juices.
When we were at Scargo Pottery on Cape Cod recently, she saw a new tray design made by Meden that she liked.  He makes them out of slab and he rolls over the edges similar to what you see here.  I can proudly say that my mom did an incredible job on her first attempt.




No comments:

Post a Comment