Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fall Colors and Red Glazes

This is a beautiful time of year here in Lake Arrowhead.  The fall colors are magical.  On our property we have various leaves that are changing into absolutely beautiful reds.  When I look at these leaves I dream of making glazes that replicate these red colors.  Based on the type of firing that I do, oxidation, it is very hard to get beautiful reds that have depth to them and make you go wow!  After I get done making pieces for the First Friday Show at the Lake House in December, I will be experimenting with a few red glaze recipes and slow cooling the kiln so that I can achieve a red similar to this.




Here are a few pictures of the leaves in the yard that have given me inspiration and happiness as I walk through the yard every day.













No comments:

Post a Comment